The 4th of July is a time to celebrate America’s Independence with family and friends with traditional barbecue and drinks. Hamburgers and Hot Dogs are mainstays of the annual event of the foods we consume as Americans. Celebrate the 4th of July in Orlando with our top 10 menu items to have at your barbecue where we share recipe links from Saveur Magazine (published in Winter Park) and we also pick some of the best grocers and bakers around Orlando to have the professionals help with your menu.
Top 10 4th of July Orlando BBQ Menu
- Hamburgers – Hamburgers and Hot Dogs are as American as it gets for the 4th of July. We recommend the Meat House in Winter Park for all of your barbecue needs that is open on July 4th. Our favorite hamburger restaurants include Graffiti Junktion that has several locations around Orlando as well as 5 Guys.
- Hot Dogs – The Meat House has hot dogs on hand or your local Publix has Boars Head hot dogs in the deli section. 5 Guys has one of the better prepared hot dogs in Orlando in addition to their great hamburgers.
- BBQ Ribs and Chicken – Pick BBQ Ribs, Chicken, or both to complete the grilling portion of your 4th of July barbecue. Our favorite BBQ restaurant in Orlando is 4 Rivers Smokehouse that will take care of your BBQ needs on July 3rd and July 5th (they are closed on July 4th).
- Buffalo Chicken Dip with Tortilla Chips – A new American tailgating entry over the last few years, Buffalo Chicken Dip with tortilla strips or crackers is now a favorite 4th of July menu item as well.
- Baked Beans – You can go with the canned baked beans from Publix or pick up some BBQ beans from 4 Rivers Smokehouse on July 3rd.
- Corn on the Cob – Corn on the Cob is the perfect vegetable to throw on the grill on the 4th of July that you can buy from your local Publix or produce stand. Smokehouse corn is available off the cob from 4 Rivers Smokehouse on July 3rd.
- Watermelon – Watermelon and the 4th of July go hand-in-hand and is celebrated with a 5k race in Winter Park each year on the morning of July 4th. Publix has full, half, or pre-cut watermelon slices available.
- Potato Salad – Potato Salad is always popular on the 4th of July and is available in the Publix deli.
- Brownies – Brownies are always popular on July 4th. To make them festive, add some red, white, and blue frosting to the top of your brownies. One of our favorite bakeries in Orlando is Charlie’s Gourmet Pastries in Conway.
- Apple Pie – Of all the desserts to have on your 4th of July menu, Apple Pie is tops. In addition to Charlie’s Gourmet Pastries, P is for Pie Bake Shop in the Audobon Park district of Orlando and The Dessert Lady in Dr Phillips has some great pies or you may also opt for Perkins or Village Inn that also makes a great pie.
Orlando Local Guide Articles
- Best Orlando 4th of July Fireworks Shows and Events Guide 2017
- 2017 Downtown Orlando 4th of July Fireworks at the Fountain
- 2017 Winter Park 4th of July Celebration in Central Park featuring the Bach Festival Brass Band and Choir and Carriage Rides
- 2017 Sanford 4th of July Fireworks Celebrates America with Star Spangled Sanford
- 2017 4th of July at Walt Disney World Featuring Epcot and the Magic Kingdom
- Independence Day Fireworks and Events in Orlando on July 3rd, 2017
- 2017 Red Hot and Boom xl 106.7 4th of July Orlando Firework Show in Altamonte Springs on July 3rd
- Free 4th of July Fireworks Shows in Orlando Outside of the Theme Parks Featuring Celebration, Kissimmee, St Cloud, and Haines City in 2017
- 2017 Watermelon 4th of July 5k at Park Avenue in Winter Park on July 4th
- Revisiting the Super Bowl Budweiser Hometown Hero’s Parade in Winter Park
- Best Inland Beaches and Natural Springs in Orlando featuring St Cloud, Moss Park, Winter Park, Kelly Park, and Wekiwa Springs
- What to do in Orlando on the 4th of July when it is raining and you want to see fireworks?
- Orlando Local Guide launches new website dedicated to celebrating the Fourth of July in Orlando