The 4th of July is a time to celebrate America’s Independence with family and friends with traditional barbecue and drinks. Hamburgers and Hot Dogs are mainstays of the annual event of the foods we consume as Americans. Celebrate the 4th of July in Orlando with our top 10 menu items to have at your barbecue where we share recipe links from Saveur Magazine (published in Winter Park) and we also pick some of the best grocers and bakers around Orlando to have the professionals help with your menu.
Top 10 4th of July Orlando BBQ Menu
- Hamburgers – Hamburgers and Hot Dogs are as American as it gets for the 4th of July. We recommend the Local Butcher and Market in Winter Park and Winter Garden for all of your barbecue needs that is open on July 4th. Our favorite hamburger restaurants include Graffiti Junktion that has several locations around Orlando as well as 5 Guys.
- Hot Dogs – Publix has a wide selection of hot dogs in their deli section including Sahlen’s (see video below). 5 Guys has one of the better prepared hot dogs in Orlando in addition to their great hamburgers.
- BBQ Ribs and Chicken – Pick BBQ Ribs, Chicken, or both to complete the grilling portion of your 4th of July barbecue. Our favorite BBQ restaurant in Orlando is 4 Rivers Smokehouse that will take care of your BBQ needs on July 3rd and July 5th (they are closed on July 4th).
- Buffalo Chicken Dip with Tortilla Chips – A new American tailgating entry over the last few years, Buffalo Chicken Dip with tortilla strips or crackers is now a favorite 4th of July menu item as well.
- Baked Beans – You can go with the canned baked beans from Publix or pick up some BBQ beans from 4 Rivers Smokehouse on July 3rd.
- Corn on the Cob – Corn on the Cob is the perfect vegetable to throw on the grill on the 4th of July that you can buy from your local Publix or produce stand. Smokehouse corn is available off the cob from 4 Rivers Smokehouse on July 3rd.
- Watermelon – Watermelon and the 4th of July go hand-in-hand and is celebrated with a 5k race in Winter Park each year on the morning of July 4th. Publix has full, half, or pre-cut watermelon slices available.
- Potato Salad – Potato Salad is always popular on the 4th of July and is available in the Publix deli.
- Brownies – Brownies are always popular on July 4th. To make them festive, add some red, white, and blue frosting to the top of your brownies. One of our favorite bakeries in Orlando is Charlie’s Gourmet Pastries in Conway.
- Apple Pie – Of all the desserts to have on your 4th of July menu, Apple Pie is tops. In addition to Charlie’s Gourmet Pastries, P is for Pie Bake Shop in the Audobon Park district of Orlando or you may also opt for Perkins or Village Inn that also makes a great pie.
In addition to the restaurants and grocers listed above, Cecil’s Texas-Style Barbecue and Bubbalous Bodacious BBQ are also great options for your prepared BBQ needs. Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, and the Fresh Market have many of the grocery items listed above as an alternative to Publix. Cookie Cousins in College Park is great for festive cookies. Sweet! by Good Golly by Miss Holly in Waterford Lakes, Blue Bird Bake Shop in Audubon Park, and 4 River’s Sweet Shop (on July 3rd) are great bakeries for your cupcake needs.